To live in a log home is to return to the pleasures of an era gone by
Appalachian supplies an extensive range of kit home packages. In addition to our standard designs, Appalachian offers a customer design service using a 3D Object Modelling CAD System which allows a rendered image of your new home. Our standard designs can be modified and will attract a design fee.
Purchase Procedures – Standard Kit
- Client discusses plans and budget for future dwelling with a representative of Appalachian.
- Appalachian prepares a +/- 5% estimate.
- Client accepts quotation in writing and pays a 10% deposit and signs an agreement to prepare plans. This deposit is non refundable but is included in the contract price.
- Appalachian prepares plans.
- Client approves plans
- The client then signs contracts which are valid for 3 months. Appalachian forwards the client plans, elevations, sections and specifications required for council submission. Additional plans required by councils will attract additional fees.
- Council approval is received.
- Client notifies Appalachian Log Homes in writing of desired delivery date (within contracted 3 months), and forwards a detailed map of access to the site for delivery instructions.
- Appalachian Log Home advises client of delivery date.
- Client pays remaining balance at least seven days prior to delivery date into trust account or has a bank cheque ready for COD. Timber will not be unloaded from truck until payment is received.
- Appalachian Log Homes delivers stage 1 materials to client’s site.
- Client notifies Appalachian Log Homes of the roofing iron lengths required at least five working days prior to roofing delivery, and pays final progress payment.
- Appalachian Log Homes delivers stage 2 materials.
Appalachian reserves the right to alter these procedures at any time.